This surprise exchange between Daniel Dennett and Rupert Sheldrake at Hay on Wye came at the end of a discussion between Rupert, neuroscientist Colin Blakemore and novelist Joanna Kavenna on the machine as metaphor, hosted by David Malone and iai, The Institute of Art and Ideas Philosophy for our times: cutting edge debates and talks from the world's leading thinkers.
How the Light Gets In Hay Festival
Rupert's Hay Festival Videos
IAI – The Institute of Art and Ideas
- Philosophy and Psychedelics with Dr Peter Sjöstedt-Hughes
- Debate with Massimo Pigliucci on Evidence & Skepticism in Science
- Missing Evidence - Can Theories Work Without Evidence?
- Beyond the Machine: Metaphors of the Body
- The Hidden Science of Spirituality
- Cycles of Wonder
- Making Humans
- Unnatural Laws - Are Eternal Laws an Illusion?
- The Limits of Science
- The Eureka Moment
- The Science Delusion
- Emperor's New Genes
- Is Religion Dangerous?